Membership in OACAC is open to institutions, organizations and individuals who are engaged in work related to assisting students in the transition from secondary school to postsecondary studies.
Types of Membership
Colleges, universities and high schools. All institutional members will designate one person as the primary member. Additional members from that institution will be considered secondary members.
Non-profit and for-profit organizations and companies which have 4 or more employees. All organizational members will designate one person as the primary member. Additional members from that organization will be considered secondary members.
Individuals who work for non-profit or for-profit organizations or companies which have 3 or fewer employees, and students seeking careers in counseling, admission or financial aid.
Retired Professional Members
Retired individuals who previously worked in the field of admission, counseling or financial aid.
Institutional, College/University - Primary Membership: $125
Institutional, College/University - Additional Membership: $50
Institutional, Secondary School - Primary Membership: $50
Institutional, Secondary School - Additional Membership: $50
Organizational, Non-profit - Primary Membership: $225
Organizational, Non-profit - Additional Membership: $75
Organizational, For-profit - Primary Membership: $325
Organizational, For-profit - Additional Membership: $75
Individual Membership: $50
Retired Professional Membership: $10
Voting and Associate Nonvoting Membership
OACAC members in the above categories may be either Voting or Associate Nonvoting members.
Voting membership is extended to:
- Accredited educational Institutions
- Not-for-profit organizations whose primary activities consist of providing counseling, admission, or financial aid services to students or to the college admission counseling or financial aid professions.
- Individuals who perform the majority of their duties outside of the United States
- Individuals who work in the United States whose primary duties are international
- Retired professionals who were actively engaged in providing counseling, admission or financial aid services
Voting Members may not be voting members of any other NACAC affiliate.
Associate nonvoting membership is extended to:
- Educational institutions, organizations and individuals that are voting members of another NACAC affiliate
- Colleges and universities that are active candidates for accreditation
- For-profit organizations that provide products and/or services to the counseling, admission or financial aid professions or in support of students in the OACAC region in the transition to postsecondary education
- Individuals employed by nonvoting member institutions and organizations whose professional activities consist primarily of counseling, admission or financial aid services
- Students seeking careers in counseling, admission or financial aid services
All Members of OACAC must agree to follow the NACAC Statement of Principles of Good Practice
For more detailed information on OACAC membership, please refer to the OACAC Bylaws.